Did you know that more than 90% of visitors who read your headline also read your call-to-action (CTA)?
A strong call to action is one of the most critical elements of your creative. However, one study suggests that 70% of small business don’t have a CTA anywhere on their website!
When creating a CTA, make sure it is visible and stands out from the rest of the copy and that it is clear, effective and well written. Ask yourself, “What is my desired action from a prospect? Write your call-to-action from your answer.
For digital platforms, don’t overload your prospect by providing them with too many places to click, keep it simple. When designing a direct mail piece, more than one CTA can often be effective, but remember to keep the desired action clear and simple.
Be sure to test different CTA strategies. Set up tests to determine the best color, shape, size, wording and CTA location for your media and prospects. Small tweaks may lead to large results.
A few statistics about CTA’s that you should know:
- Emails with a single call-to-action increased clicks 371% and sales 1617%.
- Adding a CTA to your Facebook page can increase click-through rates by 285%.
- A study by one company found that orange CTAs boosted conversion by over 32.5%.
- Another company found that red CTAs boosted conversion by 21%.
- Using first-person phrasing on a CTA may increase click-through by 90%.
- Simply making the CTA look like a button increased clicks by 45% in one case.
What tips would you share about creating effective CTAs? What have you found to be most effective when creating a responsive CTA? Please take a minute to share your tips and ideas in the comments below!
Get timely marketing advice and take your marketing to the next level with help from ANS.